If you have encountered a problem when using OrangeFox, and you want to report it, you have to file a proper report, or else it will be difficult to help you.
1. Firstly, before reporting any problem, make sure that you first read the OrangeFox Guides and FAQ.
Why? Because it is unlikely that you are the first person in the world that has experienced this problem, so it is likely that there will already be an answer in the guides and FAQ. This then frees us to focus on problems that have never been reported before.
NOTE: if you make a report in our telegram channels, do NOT tag the maintainer of your device, or any admin - if you tag, you will receive a formal warning.
2. Secondly, before reporting any problem with a Stable release, make sure that you are running the latest release of OrangeFox.
Why? Because the problem that you are reporting may already have been fixed, Therefore you would be wasting everybody's time by reporting something that has already been fixed.
3. Thirdly, before reporting any problem, make sure to first search the OrangeFox groups and threads for that specific problem.
Why? Because it may already have been reported and there may already be several answers for the problem. Therefore you would be wasting everybody's time by reporting something for which answers have already been given.
- Posting a screenshot
- Posting a video
- Being non-specific
- Saying things like "it doesn't work"
- Saying things like "I am using the latest OrangeFox" ("latest" can mean anything under the sun)
- Asking questions like "why is my OrangeFox rebooting to recovery?", or asking any other “why” question
- Saying things like "I flashed Blah-Blah ROM" (whatever the ROM) without providing the ROM's full specifications and release version number
- The name, and code name, and hardware specifications, of your device (eg, "Redmi Note 4, mido, 2GB RAM")
- The precise version number of OrangeFox release that you are running, and whether Stable or Beta (eg, "OrangeFox R11.1_2 Stable")
- The precise name and version number of the ROM that you are running
- The precise name and version number of the firmware that you are running on your device
- Full explanations, and full details, of the problem that you have experienced
- A list of precisely all the steps that you took, which led to this situation
- How we can reproduce the problem
- Copies of the OrangeFox recovery logs which show the problem (there are backups of historic logs in the /sdcard/Fox/logs/ folder (in zip format)). Do NOT post a copy of "lastrecoverylog.log", if it does not show the problem. NOTE: if you do not supply logs, it will be impossible to help you. It is best to take the logs (see https://wiki.orangefox.tech/e/en/guides/base) immediately after you experience the problem.
- If the problem arises after flashing a ROM, then you must specify the precise name and version number of the ROM, and provide a link for the download of that ROM
More to follow ...